Food And Beverage Industry
The food and beverages industry is all companies involved in processing raw food materials, packaging, and distributing them. This includes fresh, prepared foods as well as packaged foods, and alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. Any product meant for human consumption, aside from pharmaceuticals, passes through this industry.
The food industry is a complex, global collective of diverse businesses that supply most of the food consumed by the world population. Only subsistence farmers, those who survive on what they grow, can be considered outside of the scope of the modern food industry.
The food industry includes:
- Agriculture: raising of crops and livestock, and seafood
- Manufacturing: agrichemicals, agricultural construction, farm machinery and supplies, seed, etc.
- Food processing: preparation of fresh products for market, and manufacture of prepared food products
- Marketing: promotion of generic products (e.g., milk board), new products, advertising, marketing campaigns, packaging, public relations, etc.
- Wholesale and distribution logistics, transportaion, warehousing
- Foodservice(which includes Catering)
- Grocery, farmers market, public market and other retailing
- Regulation: local, regional, national, and international rules and regulations for food production and sale, including food quality, food safety, marketing/advertising, and industry lobbying activities
- Education: academic, consaltancy, vocational
- Research and development: food technology
- Financial services: credit, insurance
From rugged flow control valves to a wide range of integrated food processing equipment, we provide solutions to help customers improve process performance and profitability ― and respond quickly to changing consumer and market demands.
Process technology expertise, custom engineering and continued research and development also help us deliver solutions that respond to the environmental, regulatory and other issues faced by our customers.
AKTEK, flow and density meters deliver the critical measurements needed to make consistent, high quality products in the Food & Beverage industry.